102:Building & Managing Credit
Being able to make large purchases often involves having a line of credit with a bank or lender. This course reviews the importance of building and maintaining credit.
At the end of this course, students will be able to:
- Define credit
- Describe what constitutes “good credit” and why it’s important
- Describe the consequences of “bad credit”
- Explain how to build good credit
- Understand what makes up a credit report and how to obtain one
- Explain what a FICO score is
- Outline how a FICO score is calculated
- Handle difficult situations like, checking and dispute any items on their credit report and/or reporting credit fraud
This course is open and available to anyone who would like to learn the how to build and manage good credit and understand how it influences their ability to reach their financial goals. To take this course, you must register as an online student and be logged into the ProsperityME Online Learning Network. This is third course in the program. You must complete the first two courses before you can take this course.
This course is self-paced in structure and you can work through the materials at your own pace. The course consists of an introduction and several units and will contain the following elements:
- Hyperlinks to readings, videos, web resources and tools
- Video lessons
- Interactive wizards
- Case study activity and review questions
DURATION & FEE
- Estimated Time to Complete: 30-45 minutes (including completing the exercises.
- The course is free. You must be registered with the ProsperityME Online Learning Network.
- Computer with Internet connection and/or mobile device with current operating systems.
- Current version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser for desktop and/or browser for mobile.
You can receive a Certification of Completion for the completion of all three online courses that the ProsperityME OLN offers. To receive a certificate, you must complete all three courses in the program and then select the course titled: Test Your Knowledge, which presents the final exam. You must answer with 80% or better to receive your certificate. The exam will consist of questions that stem from information covered in the three courses. You can return to any of the courses to review the details as many times as you like. You can take Test Your Knowledge as many times as you would like to receive a passing grade.
Please complete the evaluation survey at the conclusion of the learning module.