101: Budgeting to Save
This course introduces the benefits and steps you can take to plan for your future and achieve your financial goals by learning how to budget to save!
In this course we will cover how to make goals that can be achieved, what a budget is, and how to create your own budget and track your expenses. You’ll also learn ways to save more every month by changing some simple behaviors, which could potentially save you hundreds of dollars every year.
Additionally, we will introduce you to new apps that are on the market that you can download to your mobile devices for free and use to manage budget – right from the palm of your hand.
At the end of this course, you will:
- Know how to define and work towards an achievable goal
- How to create a budget
- How to budget your finances to help you reach your goals
- How to track your expenses
- How to use new apps to help you do all this
This course is open and available to anyone who would like to learn the how to budget to save, in effort to reach short- and long-term goals. To take this course, you must register as an online student and be logged into the ProsperityME Online Learning Network (OLN).
This course is self-paced in structure and you can work through the materials at your own pace. The course consists of an introduction and several units that include the following elements:
- Hyperlinks to readings, videos, web resources and tools
- Video lessons
- Case study activity and review questions
- Interactive exercises
DURATION & FEE
- Estimated Time to Complete: 45-60 minutes (including completing the exercises.
- The course is free. You must be registered with the ProsperityME Online Learning Network.
- Computer with Internet connection and/or mobile device with current operating systems.
- Current version of Chrome, Firefox or Safari browser for desktop and/or browser for mobile.
You can receive a Certification of Completion for the completion of all three online courses that the ProsperityME OLN offers. To receive a certificate, you must complete all three courses in the program and then select the course titled: Certificate of Completion, which presents the final exam. You must answer with 80% or better to receive your certificate. The exam will consist of questions that stem from information covered in the three courses. You can return to any of the courses to review the details as many times as you like. You can take Certificate of Completion as many times as you would like to receive a passing grade.
Please complete the review at the conclusion of the learning module.